Coconut Bread I12 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 6 day 23 hr 45 min
“I own a small coffee shop/deli and my customers really enjoy this delicious breakfast bread! To Make Vanilla Flavored Sugar: To a 1 gallon jar of sugar, add one vanilla bean. Let sit at least one week before using. ” - by Susan Vinson
Original recipe yields 1 - 8x4 inch loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Cream the butter or margarine, vanilla flavored sugar and eggs together. Add the coconut flavoring and mix well.
- Mix in the self-rising flour alternately with the sour cream to the creamed mixture. Stir in the flaked coconut. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes. Pour glaze over hot loaf and serve.
- To Make Glaze: Mix the confectioner's sugar and milk together until smooth.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 331 cal
- 14.6 g
- 46.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"Very good bread. I am a better bread person and this one is good. It is great served warm. Try It!!..." See more"
"Very tasty, not too sweet. I think it could be baked maybe 10 minutes longer, though. The inside was a little mushy. I didn't have coconut extract so I substituted vanilla extract. You can make yo..." See moreur own self rising flour by adding 1.5 tsp of baking powder per cup of flour and 1 tsp of salt. Thanks for the recipe!"
Pumpkin Coconut Bread
Coconut Bread II
Just swipe to see more like this.