Red Potato Bites98 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“These wonderful sour cream, bacon and chive-stuffed red potatoes are a perfect appetizer for any occasion. Easy to prepare ahead of time, top off with Cheddar cheese, and broil as your guests arrive. A friend forwarded me this recipe and I cherish it.” - by MADDIECAT
Original recipe yields 40 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place potatoes in a saucepan, and add enough water to cover. Bring to boil, and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain, and cool in a bowl of cold water.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Remove cooled potatoes from water. Pat dry with a paper towel, and cut in half. Using a small spoon, carefully remove a small amount from center, leaving approximately 1/4 inch rim around each potato. Set reserved potato aside.
- In a bowl, mix together reserved potato, sour cream, bacon, seasoned salt, pepper, and chives. Spoon a small amount of mixture into each potato half and place on a baking sheet. Top each potato off with some shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and potatoes are warmed through. Garnish with parsley, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (40 total)
- 36 cal
- 2.2 g
- 3 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (98)Rate This Recipe
"I have been making these for years. I've done alot of catering in the past. An easy trick for these potatoes is to cut in half raw. Scoop out the potato. Salt water and boil the skins. Red potatos are..." See more very easy to scoop out raw. Cook the scooped out potato as you would mashed potates. and proceed with receipe. saves time and aggrevation of skins breaking."
"I cooked my potatoes in the micowave for abcou 5 minues. Cut the edges, so they could stand on their own without rolling. I used a paring knife to cut out the middle since I don't have a melon ball sc..." See moreoop. I used my processor to mix butter, cream cheese, salt, pepper, onion powder, & parsley to my taste. I coated the skins with olive oil to get them crisp and baked for 15 minutes. They were spectacular! Thanks for the idea"
Suzy's Mashed Red Potatoes
Winter Vegetable Hash
Just swipe to see more like this.