Potato and Cauliflower Casserole54 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Great potato and cauliflower side dish. Goes especially well with a pork meal.” - by PRIMARYGR
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- In a pot with enough water to cover, boil the potatoes 10 minutes, or until tender but still firm. Drain, and set aside.
- In a pot, place the cauliflower in a steamer basket over boiling water. Steam 5 minutes, until tender but still firm. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and whisk in the flour. Gradually stir in the heavy cream until thickened. Remove from heat, and mix in 1/2 cup Swiss cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the potatoes and cauliflower in the prepared casserole dish. Pour the cream sauce over the potatoes and cauliflower, and sprinkle with the remaining Swiss cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 476 cal
- 32 g
- 33.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (54)Rate This Recipe
"This was the best Potato and Cauliflower Cassorole ever! I did add a couple of tweaks - first, I was out of cauliflower so I substituted broccoli. And I only had potato flakes so instead I used some..." See more onion. And rather than use a casserole dish I cooked on top of the stove in a fry pan!!! Wait - just kidding, kinda making fun of a couple other reviews of this recipe! I made this exactly as is (except I honestly never actually measure ingredients) and it came out GREAT."
"Excellent recipe, I didn't have heavy cream, so I used milk. Also, I didn't have swiss cheese, so I used 1/2 cup velveta and 1/2 cup romano and it turned out wonderful. Thank you for another way to s..." See moreerve old favorites."
"I have to say, my 16 year old was so mad when I told him that it was cauliflower..."MOM, I HATE CAULIFLOWER!" Then he tasted it, (making an ugly face the whole time) and tasted it again, and then agai..." See moren...when it was all said and done, he probably ate at least 1/3 of the casserole...too funny! It was really good. I will make this again and again. Oh yeah, I boiled the potatoes and steamed the cauliflower at the same time (over the potatoes in a basket)."
Potato Spinach Casserole
Potato and Broccoli Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.