Olive Bread9 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 20 min
“Delicious with any soup or salad... and great toasted the next day!” - by Joan Callaway
Original recipe yields 2 loaves
- Place water, yeast, and molasses in a mixing bowl; stir to mix. Let stand for a few minutes until mixture is creamy and foamy.
- Add olive oil and salt; mix. Add flour, about a cup at a time, until dough is too stiff to stir. Add olives and fresh herbs.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board. Knead, adding flour as needed to keep from being sticky, until smooth and elastic. Place in well oiled bowl, and turn to coat the dough surface with oil. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about an hour or so.
- Punch the dough down, split into two pieces, and form into two round loaves. Place on greased baking sheet . Spray with cold water and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Let loaves rise for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for about 45 minutes, or until they are brown and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 186 cal
- 3.6 g
- 32.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Best olive breat recipe yet, and if you're going to spend 3hrs making bread, you might as well make two loaves. the first loaf will be gone right out of the oven. NOTES: 2pkgs dry yeast; 12oz jar p..." See moreitted kala olives chopped; 1.5 tblspns salt; Brush bread with egg white for a good crust. "
Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
Olive Oil Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.