Carolyn's Orange Rolls50 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 14 hr 5 min
“Orange rolls - very soft white flour dough with grated orange rind, butter and sugar filling. Excellent recipe for parties, always a crowd pleaser!” - by Heidi
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Combine the diced butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the hot milk, and mix to dissolve the butter. Let stand until lukewarm.
- Mix the yeast, eggs, and flour into the milk mixture to form a sticky dough. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator 2 to 2 1/2 hours before baking. Divide the dough into halves. Roll each half out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
- Mix the softened butter, one cup sugar, and orange peel in a bowl. Spread over the dough. Roll up the dough along the long edge. Cut the rolls into one inch slices with dental floss. Place in greased muffin cups. Let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F (205 degree C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 155 cal
- 7.8 g
- 19 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (50)Rate This Recipe
"This is a fantastic recipe! I added a glaze of 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 1/2 Tablespoons orange juice. Delicious!..." See more"
"Can be adapted for the bread machine by cutting all ingredient measures in half, reducing butter to 5, and reducing yeast to a little over one tablespoon. Dough is very sticky and needs additional fl..." See moreour when turned out after dough cycle. Worth every amount of work. Very tasty!"
"These turned out great! A nice change from the usual cinnamon rolls. I also made icing and drizzled over top. I made the dough in the bread machine - I have a small machine and so cut the recipe in..." See more thirds, but still needed 6 tbsp butter and 1/2 cup sugar to fully cover the rolled out dough. Will definitely make again."
Grandmother Stougaard's Caramel Pecan Sweet Rolls
Blue Ribbon Overnight Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.