Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins481 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is a really moist muffin if you don't overwork the batter. I'm a 'muffin snob' and I find myself making this same recipe over and over again! You'll never want to make a boxed blueberry muffin again.” - by Heather Walker
Original recipe yields 1 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. In a small bowl, sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons flour over blueberries, and set aside. (This simple trick will keep you from having "purple" batter)
- In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter with 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, and stir in vanilla and lemon zest. Fold in dry ingredients alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries. Remember, fold gently, don't stir. Spoon batter into prepared cups.
- Combine 2 tablespoons flour, 5 tablespoons sugar ,and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles course crumbs. Sprinkle over batter in muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack. These muffins freeze really well, and re-heat in the microwave successfully. Hope you enjoy!!
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 266 cal
- 10.9 g
- 38.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (481)Rate This Recipe
"Look no further-if I could give this a 10, I would! But please do this: double the lemon zest and add 1/4 c. brown sugar. I bake these for a local farm and art market, they go fast! Yum!..." See more"
"We loved this muffin recipe! They didn't last long! I used frozen blueberries and they came out really nicely. Will definitely make these again! Thank you!..." See more"
"Quick and simple to mix up, these are beautiful muffins, plump and rounded with a delicate, light golden streusel top. They're moist and delicious with just a hint of fresh lemon that complements the ..." See moreblueberries well. For those who believe these to be bland or tasteless, muffins are by their nature not as rich or sweet as cakes, or muffins described as muffins but really ARE cakes. This is a perfect blueberry MUFFIN recipe!"
To Die For Blueberry Muffins
Alienated Blueberry Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.