Mistakenly Zesty Pork Chops44 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 4 hr 15 min
“Yes, the title says it all! This recipe was created by mistake. While using another recipe as a guide, I made the mistake of using cocktail sauce instead of chili sauce. Well, this was the best darn mistake I have ever made. These pork chops had the most wonderful zip to them! Mistakes like this should happen more often!” - by BOOKCHICKADEE
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and cool.
- Place the pork chops in a large, resealable plastic bag. Pour the soy sauce mixture into the bag, seal, and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Drain the pork chops, and discard remaining marinade. Arrange the pork chops in a baking dish, cover, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- In a bowl, blend the ketchup, cocktail sauce, brown sugar, water, and mustard. Pour over the pork chops, and continue baking 30 minutes, to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 405 cal
- 5.5 g
- 72 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (44)Rate This Recipe
"Yes, this was a mistake, but not one made for the good. My advise is... follow the orginal recipe...." See more"
see a catt
"I decided to try this recipe at the last minute and didn't have 3+ hours to marinade. After cooking the marinade I placed the pork chops in a baking dish and completely soaked them with the soy mixtu..." See morere then baked them 45 minutes in the soy mixture bath. For the last 15 minutes I put the pork chops on a rack and baked with the ketchup/cocktail sauce. The chops melted in our mouths and were delicious!! My family thought the cocktail sauce wasn't the best complement to the pork - so I might try it with the original chili sauce next time."
"I made this exactly as written and it was wonderful! I tried it again in my slow cooker and even though it came out juicer it was still very good, though not as good as when cooked as per directions. ..." See moreTo make in the slow cooker I used frozen pork chops so I also didn't get to marinade them, either which detracted from the full flavor experience. Hubby really liked it too. This is a keeper."
Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops in Zesty Sauce
Pork Chops in Beer
Just swipe to see more like this.