Citrusy Chicken and Broccoli5 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This is reminiscent of lemon or orange chicken found in Chinese restaurants. This was so yummy, the first time I made it, my husband ate the whole thing by himself! Serve with steamed white rice.” - by JORDANALI
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a large bowl, mix the guava nectar, rice wine vinegar, sugar, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and salt. Place the chicken in the bowl, cover, and marinate 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Drain the chicken, reserving remaining marinade. Place cornstarch on a plate. Dip the chicken in the cornstarch to coat.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove chicken from the skillet, and set aside, reserving remaining oil and juices.
- Place a steamer basket in a pot over boiling water, and steam the broccoli 2 minutes, or until tender.
- In the skillet with the reserved oil and juices, cook and stir the orange zest and garlic for about 1 minute. Pour in the remaining marinade, and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes, or until thickened. Toss the chicken and broccoli in the skillet, and cook until heated through and coated with the marinade. Place chicken in the center of a platter. Arrange orange slices and broccoli around the chicken to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 332 cal
- 15.7 g
- 33.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I'm sorry for this uncomplimentary review, but this recipe just didn't work for us. I'm giving it 2 stars only because I realize that I may have done something wrong, and the fault may have been on m..." See morey end. However, the broccoli combined with a sweetish, citrusy taste just did not blend. I didn't save the leftovers. Sorry, Jordanali."
"I dont know why everyone has been so critical of this dish. Its great. Its healthy, easy, and tasty...." See more"
"Delicious dinner! Really easy to make and with the addition of sliced portabello mushrooms and sugar snap peas, along with the broccoli, it made for a yummy veggie filled stir fry. I wasn't able to ..." See morefind guava nectar in my local grocery store, so I used 1/3 C. of freshly squeezed orange juice and it made for delicious sauce. I was hoping for leftovers but the boys ate every single bite so it was a big hit in our house. Will definately make this again."
Spicy Chicken Broccoli Casserole with Fresh Arugula
Broccoli Chicken Casserole I
Just swipe to see more like this.