Almond Crescent Buns22 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Breakfast or brunch bun with the added crunch of toasted almonds.” - by JJOHN32
Original recipe yields 12 buns
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (195 degrees C).
- Combine softened butter or margarine, brown sugar, flour, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract. Mix well. Spoon mixture into 12 ungreased muffin cups.
- Separate dough into 4 long rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Combine melted butter and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract; brush on dough. Sprinkle with nuts, and roll dough up jellyroll fashion. Cut each roll of dough into 3 slices. Place in muffin cups.
- Place muffin pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. When done, invert rolls immediately onto cooling rack.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract. Drizzle over hot rolls.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 272 cal
- 15.3 g
- 29.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"These were wonderful tasting rolls. They need to be baked in a deep muffin pan as they spill over. Make sure to place a cookie sheet under pan while baking. I used sliced toasted almonds instead of c..." See morehopped - they were very good."
"I love this recipe! The buns are flaky and taste like they are made from scratch. Every recipe I've tried from Eleanor Johnson has been first rate! Thanks Eleanor!..." See more"
Soft, Moist and Gooey Cinnamon Buns
Flaky Crescent Mushroom Turnovers
Just swipe to see more like this.