Baked Havarti Chicken177 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 9 hr 30 min
“Baked chicken breasts marinated in Italian dressing and Greek seasoning, topped with Havarti cheese, green chili pepper, and sauteed mushrooms. Pairs beautifully with long grain rice and steamed vegetables.” - by BCWEBB
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Marinate chicken in Italian Dressing and Greek Seasoning, if using, for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle top with additional Greek seasoning, if desired, and bake in preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- Shortly before chicken is done, melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat until bubbling. Pour in wine, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt, and bring to a boil. Stir in mushrooms. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt as needed.
- Remove chicken from the oven. Lay green chili slices on top of each breast, then top each chili with a slice of cheese. Return to the oven until cheese has melted.
- Remove chicken from the oven, top with mushrooms and their pan juices, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 483 cal
- 33.7 g
- 12.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (177)Rate This Recipe
"Unreal. This is fantastic. I wasnt too sure about this when I was reading the ingredients, but my husband loves anything with chilies and cheese. Not only is it great, but its so easy. Will make a..." See moregain and again. McCormicks makes a great greek seasoning."
"My family loves when I make this for dinner. So easy too. I let the chicken thaw out in the fridge in the italian dressing, and cook the sauce the night before. Than the night I want to make the dinne..." See morer, throw the chicken in the oven, cook up some egg noddles, heat up the sauce and dinner is on. Leftovers are great the next day. Perfect everytime. I leave out the peppers because of the kids, and the dinner is still delicious."
"This dish was very good, however, it was a bit too salty. The next time I make it I will use unsalted butter and garlic powder instead of garlic salt. You can always add salt to taste, but you can't..." See more remove it once it has been added. The Havarti is slightly salty as well, so this could have added to the problem. Once these adjustments have been made, this will be perfect, and it's very easy to make as well."
Cheddar Baked Chicken
Baked Lemon Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.