Spicy Scones17 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Amaze your guests with the aroma of these scones fresh from the oven” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 12 scones
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, white sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and salt in a bowl and mix well. Cut in the butter until crumbly and stir in the raisins. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl beat the egg until frothy. Mix in the milk and pour into the well made in the dry ingredients. Stir to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out on to a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 8 to 10 times. Pat dough into two 6 inch circles and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Score each top into 6 pie shaped wedges.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until well risen and browned. Serve hot with butter. Maple butter goes very well with these scones.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 174 cal
- 6.1 g
- 27.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"I love these scones. The first time I followed the recipe exactly but omitted the currents (didn't have any). They were great, but I did wish the spices were a little stronger. I just made them a seco..." See morend time, but I DOUBLED the spices and used raisins that I chopped up into bits. I also used light vanilla soymilk because I did not have any milk (I don't think this made any difference). Turned out amazing! These are cake-like scones that are (as scones should be) not too sweet. I will make these scones again and again with the spices doubled!"
World's Best Scones! From Scotland to the Savoy to the U.S.
Just swipe to see more like this.