Chicken Florentine Casserole1511 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Chicken Florentine casserole, which can also be adapted with either fish or shrimp, lies on a bed of spinach leaves and mushrooms, has a creamy white sauce mixed with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasonings, and is topped with baked mozzarella.” - by BRYAN0320
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the chicken breast halves on a baking sheet; bake 20 to 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, mix in the garlic, lemon juice, cream of mushroom soup, Italian seasoning, half-and-half, and Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange the spinach over the bottom of a 9x9 inch baking dish. Cover the spinach with the mushrooms. Pour half the mixture from the saucepan over the mushrooms. Arrange chicken breasts in the dish, and cover with the remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle with bacon bits, and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 647 cal
- 38 g
- 17.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1511)Rate This Recipe
"This was good but I thought it could be much better (and faster) if you skipped the first step. Baking the chicken on a baking sheet makes it dry and bland. I made it again last night and it was so mu..." See morech better (5 star). I sautéed the spinach and mushrooms in a little butter and placed in bottom of dish then placed the uncooked chicken on top, added the sauce and topped it off with real crumbled bacon and baked for 25 minutes at 350. Removed from oven and topped with 1 cup mozzarella and continued baking for 10 minutes at 350 (not 400). It was so moist and flavorful!"
"THIS IS DELICIOUS!!! I did modify. As others suggested I sauted (I used a bag and a half) of baby spinach leaves with (I used sliced portabella) mushrooms. I added a splash of white cooking wine and..." See more a teaspoon of garlic to the baby spinach/mushroom mix. I sauted as long as I could without burning to get rid of as much moisture as possible then put mixture over bottom of baking dish. Meanwhile, I boiled my chicken then cut into cubes. I then mixed and simmered my white sauce in the pan I sauted the spinach/mushroom ingredients, to take up the flavor. I stirred the cubed chicken in with the white sauce. I then poured the entire chicken/white sauce mixture over the layer of spinach and mushrooms. I crushed up cooked real bacon I had on hand and sprinkled over top then finished with the mozza cheese. It baked beautifully! YUMMY!"
"This is a 5-star recipes using the techniques described by a previous reviewer. "Skip the first step. Then sauté the spinach and mushrooms in a little butter and place in bottom of dish. Then place th..." See moree uncooked chicken on top, add the sauce and top it off with real crumbled bacon and bake for 25 minutes at 350. Remove from oven and top with 1 cup mozzarella and continue baking for 10 minutes at 350.""
Chicken Crescent Casserole
Broccoli Chicken Casserole I
Just swipe to see more like this.