Portugal Cakes2 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“A different muffin for Sunday brunch--or afternoon tea.” - by JJOHN32
Original recipe yields 12 medium sized muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees C (190 degrees F). Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray 12 muffin tins.
- Separate the eggs. Lightly beat the egg yolks. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Cream the sugar with the butter or margarine until light. Add the beaten egg yolks and sherry. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Sift the flour with the nutmeg and gently stir into the egg mixture until smooth. Stir in the currants. Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees F) for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 299 cal
- 16.8 g
- 34.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I have to be honest and say that this recipe did not meet my expectations. I feel the sherry flavor is too over- powerering. The currants all sunk to the bottom of all of my muffins. These muffi..." See morens are pretty good right out of the oven. When they are room temperature, they're not so good. Also: too high in fat."
Sweet Corn Cakes
Kale Cakes with Sweet Hot Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.