Garlic Chive Chicken42 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“These flavorful chicken breasts are bathed in a lemony garlic butter. Easy to make, they are great for a light dinner.” - by zipporah
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Wrap the garlic head in foil, and bake 30 minutes, until cloves are soft. Remove from heat, and cool enough to handle.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Slice off the top of the garlic head, and squeeze the softened cloves into a medium bowl. Mix in the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat the chicken breast halves with flour, and cook in the skillet about 10 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Set chicken aside, retaining skillet juices. Stir in the garlic mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and return chicken to the skillet. Continue cooking the chicken about 5 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove chicken, and arrange on plates over the egg noodles.
- Mix the butter into the garlic sauce mixture in the skillet until melted, and stir in the chives. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and egg noodles to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 477 cal
- 19.4 g
- 46 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (42)Rate This Recipe
"This was so good! The first time I made it the sauce didn't quite coat all the noodles so we added some extra butter to them. After making this recipe again, I doubled the sauce and it was more than..." See more enough to cover all the noodles. 1.5 servings of the sauce may be more appropriate, but it was better to have extra than not enough."
"This is a simple, flavorful chicken. I used two shortcuts. I skipped the roasted garlic step and just used crushed garlic and I used soup chicken rather than chicken breasts. I would recommend the fir..." See morest shortcut but not the second."
Greek Style Garlic Chicken Breast
Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Vinegar and Garlic
Just swipe to see more like this.