Zucchini Coconut Loaf97 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“This loaf is good, spicy and lovely to serve your guests. It cuts better the second day.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 -9x5x3 inch loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- In small pan boil one cup water. Add currants or raisins, and boil for two minutes. Drain.
- In mixing bowl beat egg, oil, and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla.
- In another bowl, measure flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut, walnuts, and currants or raisins. Stir to combine thoroughly. Pour all at once over batter in mixing bowl. Stir to moisten. Turn into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn out on rack. Cool and wrap.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 274 cal
- 13.9 g
- 35.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (97)Rate This Recipe
"The first time I made this recipe, I left out the currants and doubled the recipe, and it came out really dry and kind of heavy. Everyone else who's reviewed it commented on the moistness, so I tried..." See more again. The second time, I doubled the recipe, but used three eggs instead of two and substituted brown sugar for half the white sugar. I also used dried cranberries rather than raisins or currants. This batch is moist and yummmmy! I also realized that with my first batch I was using unbleached 'artisan bread' flour rather than regular all-purpose flour, which I'd purchased thinking it was regular unbleached flour. Don't know what the difference is, but I switched to good old gold medal, and this batch came out great!"
"Perfect! This is easily the BEST bread I've made (I've made a lot of sweet breads)! I recommend using 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour and 1/2 c wheat germ to up the fiber. No noticable changes in taste. Si..." See morence this recipe can run slightly dry, if you find yourself considering cutting down on the oil - don't. I added 1/2 cup of applesause along with the oil and it is just perfect. With or without the changes this bread is excellent!"
Sophie's Zucchini Bread
Cinnamon Coconut Loaf
Just swipe to see more like this.