Cinnamon Sour Cream Biscuits77 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“I received a champion ribbon at the county fair with these biscuits. They're good warm or cooled. They're great for breakfast or anytime.” - by Jennifer
Original recipe yields 12 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt. Cut in margarine. Make a well in center. Add sour cream, 2 tablespoons milk, and raisins, stirring till just combined (add a bit more milk, if needed).
- On floured surface, gently knead 8-10 stokes. Pat dough to 1/2" thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter, dipping in flour between cuts. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly on wire racks.
- Stir together confectioners' sugar and 2 teaspoons milk. Drizzle over biscuits. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 232 cal
- 11.8 g
- 29.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (77)Rate This Recipe
"OUTSTANDING!!! I've made these biscuits twice already, and here's a great tip for you: they turn out the same whether you use sour cream or plain yogurt! I ran out of sour cream, but wanted to make th..." See moreese so I used some plain yogurt. The only difference was that when I used the yogurt, I omitted the 2T of milk. Since yogurt is so "moist," I didn't need it. I also omitted the raisins both times because we never keep 'em around the house. I also doubled the sugar, cinnamon, and salt, and used butter instead of margarine. The icing is great to top these off with, so don't leave it out. I love this recipe. The biscuits are moist and soft, they keep well for atleast 3 days, and they reheat well. I usually cook mine at 390 for about 22 minutes or so on the VERY TOP rack. MMMMMM MMMMM. This one's a keeper!!!"
"Thes biscuit where really delicious as previous prople said to double the cinnamon and sugar.I did just that and i also add 1 tsp of nutmeg and a tsp of vanilla extract,and i also sprinkle with cinna..." See moremon and sugar before baking and for the icing i add a tsp of vanilla and cinnamon .THESE WERE SO DELICIOUS..Thanks for the recipes"
"I made these with nonfat plain yogurt, 7tbsp lite butter and 1 tbsp regular butter to decrease the fat. They were very good. I accidentally softened the lite butter too much therefore instead of roll..." See moreed biscuits they became drop biscuits. But it was quicker that way and everyone loved them. I added a little cinnamon sugar to the powdered sugar for the icing too. Thanks, I'll make these again and again!!!"
Sour Cream Custard Pie
Sour Cream Biscuits
Just swipe to see more like this.