Lobster Tenderloin7 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“An extravagant meal of one of the finest cuts of beef stuffed with succulent lobster tails in a garlic butter sauce. For best flavor, try not to cook past medium doneness.” - by MARJORIES
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for just a few minutes, until just partly cooked. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Add lobster tails, and boil for 5 to 6 minutes, until colored. Drain, and cool slightly. Remove shells by snipping up the center with scissors, and peeling away to the side.
- Slice a large pocket into the side of the tenderloin. (A butcher can do this for you also) Stuff the lobster tails into the pocket. Combine 1 tablespoon of butter and lemon juice; pour over the lobster tails. Close the pocket, and tie the roast closed with cotton string at 1 inch intervals. Place the roast in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake for about 35 minutes in the preheated oven for rare, or continue to roast to your desired degree of doneness. The internal temperature of the roast should be at least 145 degrees F (70 degrees C) for rare. Lay bacon over the top of the roast, and continue baking until crisp.
- Melt remaining 1 cup of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add green onion, wine and garlic salt. Cook until onion is tender. Slice the roast, and arrange on a platter. Spoon sauce over the meat.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 601 cal
- 46.4 g
- 2.5 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This was GREAT!!!!!! Loved every bite as did my guests... a true MUST serve. My guests were very impressed and the flavor was fantastic!..." See more"
"I made this tonite. WOW was it good. My roast was about 5 1/2 lbs., and I used 3 lobster tails. Roasted for just under an hour and it came our purrfect. Use this one for valentines day if you want..." See more to knock his sox off (or more ?)"
Blue Cheese Beef Tenderloin
Stuffed Tenderloin Roast with Currant Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.