Bechamel Chicken Pasta45 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is a twist on a classic Middle Eastern bechamel pasta. It consists of chicken breast, penne pasta, vegetables, and herbs, and is topped with a luscious bechamel and mozzarella cheese. Baked until nice and bubbly.” - by Maryam
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, cook the penne pasta 10 to 12 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, green bell pepper, and garlic until tender. Stir in the chicken, and cook until almost done. Mix in the peas, cilantro, dill, tomato paste, and enough water to make a thick sauce. Continue to cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, and all the ingredients are heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To prepare the bechamel sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Dissolve the chicken bouillon cube in the melted butter. Stirring constantly, blend in the flour until smooth. Mix in the milk, season with pepper, and continue to cook and stir until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- In a bowl, mix the cooked pasta with 1/2 the bechamel sauce. Place 1/2 the pasta in a baking dish, layer with 1/2 the chicken mixture, and 1/2 the mozzarella cheese. Layer with the remaining pasta, remaining chicken mixture, and remaining bechamel sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 527 cal
- 20.2 g
- 60.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"This is now my husband's favorite pasta dish and my boys like it cause it has chicken instead of beef. I do leave out the cilantro and green pepper cause no one in my house likes those ingredients, b..." See moreut it's good and satisfying. Oh, and I just use dry dill weed instead of fresh. And last time I made it I didn't get to the store for the Italian tomato paste, so I used regular and a teaspoon of Italian seasoning and it was just as good."
"Of course I give this recipe 5 stars, it is my own. Just a reccomendation for those interested in making this pasta. I usually make a little bit of extra bechamel and put a thicker layer on top. mak..." See morees it even more tasty!"
Asparagus, Chicken, and Pecan Pasta
Sonora Chicken Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.