Cinnamon Rolls II305 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 30 min
“These are gobbled up as soon as family sees them. I'll never try another cinnamon roll recipe, because I think these are the best. Note: These are wonderful fresh, but they don't freeze well.” - by Stephanie Knewasser
Original recipe yields 1 dozen rolls
- In saucepan, heat 1/2 cup milk, water, and 2 tablespoons butter until very warm. Place milk mixture, salt, flour, yeast, sugar, and eggs in the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select the Dough cycle. Press Start.
- Once Dough cycle is complete, remove the dough from the bread machine and punch down. On a floured surface, roll into a large rectangle. Smear with the softened butter. Combine the cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar. Sprinkle over the rectangle. Generously sprinkle the raisins and/or chopped nuts over the top.
- Roll the dough up into a log starting at the long side. Cut into 12 slices. Place the rolls cut side down into a 9x13-inch greased baking pan. Cover, and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Combine the confectioners' sugar, 1.5 tablespoons melted butter, vanilla extract, and 1.5 tablespoons milk into a thick frosting; set aside.
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool 10 minutes. Spread frosting over baked rolls and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 295 cal
- 9.4 g
- 48.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (305)Rate This Recipe
"I made these by hand since my bread machine was broken. I warmed up the milk, water and butter in the pan and then added it to a bowl with the yeast where i let it stand for 10 minutes. I then added ..." See morethe flour, eggs and salt all at the same time, unlike other reviewers I didn't think there was too much liquid, I was able to turn the dough out and kneed with maybe 1/4 cup of flour just to keep my hands coated. i left in a cold oven over night and baked the next day for 18 minutes, they were wonderful and I have made them many times since, great each time. Thank you for the recipe."
"This is Stephanie. Thank you for all the nice comments! HALVE THE RECIPE for bread machines or it will overflow. I wanted to clarify: warm milk, water & butter (I use the microwave), add egg(s), flou..." See morer, yeast, sugar & salt to machine. Brush melted butter over dough, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, raisins/nuts (optional). I cut the rolls with dental floss (wrap floss around roll, tie pulling floss so it slices the dough as you make a knot). Now, I only bake them for 18-20 minutes. I've never measured milk for the frosting, I just add a little at a time until it's a nice spreading consistency. UPDATE I use brown sugar for the filling now because we prefer them gooey."
Cinnamon Rolls III
Overnight Cinnamon Rolls I
Just swipe to see more like this.