Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins125 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“Very, very chocolate-y! Great with a glass of milk.” - by Laura
Original recipe yields 1 dozen
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with papers.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the semisweet chocolate together with the butter. Let stand until cooled, about 10 minutes.
- Lightly beat the egg. In a small bowl, stir together the chocolate-butter mixture with the buttermilk, sugar, egg, and vanilla, until blended well.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, soda, and salt. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients, pour in the chocolate mixture, and stir until just combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove muffin tin from oven and let stand at least 5 minutes, before removing the muffins and letting them cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cooled; can be frozen as well.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 293 cal
- 14.7 g
- 39.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (125)Rate This Recipe
"From reading the reviews, it sounded like they were really dry. I fixed this by adding another egg, 1/2 cup of sour cream and normal milk instead of butter milk. They tasted great! I also noticed that..." See more it called for a lot of baking squares, so I used chocolate chips. This worked, but needed a lot of them. So, I fixed it by mixing 6 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1/4 cup butter, and 7 tablespoons sugar in replacement. They turned out exactly the same as before, success!"
"OMG, these muffins are AMAZING. I took everyone's advice and added 1 egg and 1/2c sour cream and used regular milk instead of butter milk. I was also short 2 squares of chocolate, so I substituted 3..." See moretbsp cocoa and 1tbsp butter for each square. Also, if you use larger chocolate chips, mix them in with the flour -- that way they'll stay even distributed instead of sinking to the bottom. AND! If you're worried about your muffins sticking to the paper cups, LIGHTLY spray them with cooking spray, and it'll be fine. Did I mention that these are amazing? Because they are. Good luck!"
Probiotic Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.