Garlic Cheddar Chicken1566 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Chicken breasts dipped in garlic butter and Cheddar bread crumbs. NEVER have any leftovers!” - by BAYLOR66
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook the garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, pepper, and salt.
- Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 400 cal
- 24.9 g
- 8.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1566)Rate This Recipe
"Soooo good! I used a combo of shredded cheddar, bread crumbs, and corn flakes (actually threw in the crumbs from a Cheese-Nip box as well) to create the breading. Also added extra cheese on top. So..." See more delicious! It's a constant request in the house. Edit: I've made this so many times and had so much fun playing around with it that I want to share - 1 cup of crackers (Ritz, cornflakes, saltines, cheese-nips, anything!), 1/2c parm chz, 1 1/2c cheddar, 1/2c bread crumbs. I also dip the chicken in flour before the butter to help it stick. This is a great recipe to be adventurous with - do not hesitate to play around!!! Update 2: I've discovered Panko bread crumbs to replace the standard crumbs. WOW! MUCH crispier and gives it that texture that I've noticed a lot of reviews say is missing. No panko... try coursely crushing some croutons."
"GREAT!! only thing i did differently was to put a thin layer of the bread crumb mixture on the bottom of the baking dish before i put the chicken in. (just to keep the bottom of the chicken from gett..." See moreing soggy) worked great!"
"This is delicious! I made a few changes. I used half butter, half olive oil. Also used Italian herbed bread crumbs and a variety of Italian seasonings. I didn't have chicken breasts, so I used chi..." See morecken tenders (still flattened them though). I greased the pan and followed others' suggestions by putting down a thin layer of bread crumbs in the pan before laying down the chicken. The chicken tenders only took 18 minutes to bake, and then, following others' suggestions, I broiled the chicken for another 2 minutes. I HIGHLY recommend broiling the chicken at the end because it gives it a delicious crunch!"
Easy Garlic Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.