Quick and Easy Eggs Benedict34 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 8 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“This is a no-fuss, easy recipe. The sauce is simply put together in a blender - no double boiling necessary. Assemble eggs with sauce over hot buttered English muffins with Canadian bacon, or if you prefer, Serrano ham. Yum!” - by INDRIANI
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, fry the Canadian bacon on each side until evenly browned.
- Fill a large saucepan with about 3 inches water, and bring to a simmer. Pour in the vinegar. Carefully break the 4 eggs into the water, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until whites are set but yolks are still soft. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter until bubbly in a small pan or in the microwave. Remove from heat before butter browns.
- In a blender or large food processor, blend the egg yolks, heavy cream, cayenne pepper, and salt until smooth. Add half of the hot butter in a thin steady stream, slow enough so that it blends in at least as fast as you are pouring it in. Blend in the lemon juice using the same method, then the remaining butter.
- Place open English muffins onto serving plates. Top with 1 slice Canadian bacon and 1 poached egg. Drizzle with the cream sauce, and serve at once.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 690 cal
- 58 g
- 27.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"Eggs benedict is my all time favorite way of eating eggs. I was cooking for a crowd, so to make this dish even quicker and easier, I used a packaged hollandaise sauce that only needed a couple of adde..." See mored ingredients and was done right on top of the stove. Didn't have any canadian bacon on hand, so I used taylor ham. Remember to use the vinegar in the water as it helps the egg whites hold together. Yummy!!"
"The one and only change I would make is to reduce the amount of salt in the hollandaise sauce to 1/4 tsp. The way the recipe stands now, you can use it providing you don't add any salt to your eggs, b..." See moreut the sauce alone is just a tiny bit too salty. Aside from that, it was absolutely divine! I will make this again - many times!"
"I really loved the hollandaise sauce, it was the best recipe I've tried. My boyfriend and I do not eat pork so we substituted smoked salmon for the ham and also added wilted spinach. Also, we didn't h..." See moreave any english muffins so we used whole wheat toast instead. I'll definately be making this again, thanks!"
Savory Bacon and Crab Bread Pudding Eggs Benedict
Just swipe to see more like this.