Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins I138 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Very moist and so delicious.” - by Karen Gibson
Original recipe yields 12 muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Combine the flour, 3/4 cup white sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, yogurt, vegetable oil and lemon zest. Blend well and pour over the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Do no overmix!
- Spoon batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
- Combine the lemon juice with the remaining 3 tablespoons white sugar. Stir into sugar dissolves.
- Once the muffins are baked pierce the tops several times with a toothpick. Slowly pour about 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and sugar mixture over the tops of each muffin. Let muffins cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing them from the tin.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 225 cal
- 6.9 g
- 36.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (138)Rate This Recipe
"I made these muffins for the second time and made a few changes that made all the difference. Now I have a recipe that is worth making again. I used the lemon yogart but 16 oz instead of 12 and 1 tbs...." See more of lemon extract. Definately cut the amount of poppy seeds in half, 1/4 cup is WAY TOO much. 1/8th cup is plently, I promise. I also used 1/3 cup of oil. I baked them at 400 for 10-12 minutes and they were perfect. Very moist but not greasy, and just the right amount of lemony flavor. The second day they are still yummy warmed in the micorwave."
"It's lovely. I used plain yogurt instead of lemon flavored yogurt and it worked fine...." See more"
"These muffins turned out quite nice. I couldn't find Lemon Yogurt at the supermarket so I used plain and added lemon extract to it before I mixed in the eggs and oil, etc. Next time I might reduce t..." See morehe amount of poppyseeds just slightly. This recipe made 16 muffins for me. 20 minutes at 350 was perfect in my oven. I will make these again. Thanks Karen!"
Quick Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Truvia(R) Baking Blend
Just swipe to see more like this.