Simple Whole Roasted Chicken589 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 day 1 hr 35 min
“The combination of unique ingredients make this chicken dish delicious. It roasts beautifully and is surprisingly fast once it's in the oven. I serve this with the Chimichurri Sauce I found on Allrecipes, and I can't get enough! Plus the leftovers are fantastic for sandwiches, salads, and Mexican dishes.” - by INDRIANI
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a bowl, mix the salt, sugar, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Rub the chicken with the mixture. Cover chicken, and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Stuff the chicken cavity with the garlic. Place the chicken, breast side down, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C), and continue roasting 15 minutes. Baste chicken with pan drippings, reduce heat to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C), and continue roasting 30 minutes, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 387 cal
- 22.8 g
- 1.6 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (589)Rate This Recipe
"This is only the 2nd time in my life making a whole roasted chicken (because I find them too dry and bland to bother), but after using *this* recipe it may just become a weekly occaision! Not only was..." See more this easy to prepare and the flavour outstanding, this was the JUICIEST chicken I have ever eaten - anywhere! I am so impressed with this recipe, I'm going to try this rub/marinade and roasting method with my next holiday turkey. I think roasting it breast-side down may be the key in retaining the flavourful juices. My only changes were to double the spices and add an onion to the cavity with the garlic. Amazing chicken!"
"Excellent recipe. I didnt realize I was out of allspice, so I substituted with dried rosemary and pepper. I put 1 cup of water in the bottom of the pan, with quartered potatoes, celery, onions and ca..." See morerrots. Cooked uncovered at 400 for 30 min and then 350 for 45 min. Once the skin was crispy, I covered with foil. It was so tender and juicy. A HIT!"
"The savory aroma of the cooking chicken didn't disappoint the eater. My husband loved this roasted chicken. I doubled the spices as other reviewers recommended. I didn't marinade overnight... I jus..." See moret rubbed it in and put it in the oven. I also stuffed it with an onion. Husband has already requested for this chicken again. It was so easy. And the result was a hot, juicy and tender chicken."
Juicy Roasted Chicken
Beer Roasted Lime Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.