Eric's Baked Chicken15 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“Boneless chicken breasts are smothered in a seasoned Ranch and vegetable mixture.” - by JUICY1492
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onions and mushrooms until tender. Mix in the wine, and continue cooking about 5 minutes, until heated through.
- In a large bowl, mix the Ranch dressing, garlic powder, oregano, Cajun seasoning, and cayenne pepper. Stir the skillet mixture into the bowl. Mix in remaining 2 tablespoons butter, eggs, and crackers.
- Dip the chicken breasts in the Ranch dressing mixture to coat. Arrange chicken in a medium baking dish. Cover with the remaining dressing mixture.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 720 cal
- 58.3 g
- 14.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"I made some changes. I can't have spices so I left off the cajun season and ground cayenne pepper. I didn't have any mushrooms so they were left off too. But the chicken came out DELICIOUS. I agree ..." See moreabout cutting down on the butter and I would maybe add more cracker crumbs to make it a little crispier. The sauce that it makes is wonderful. My daughter who eats like a bird, had two helpings. I served it with rice."
"I wanted to make a decent dinner but I was low on ingredients. I took a quick look around the kitchen, came back and plugged in some ingredients, and up this popped. To be honest, I didn't have mushro..." See moreoms and I didn't have white wine. I went ahead and just doubled the onions and used red wine instead(I know). When everything was mixed together before baking I was a little worried that my "batter" mixture was like dipping the chicken in oatmeal. However, I shrugged off the texture and gave it a go. I was actually pleasantly surprised. It bakes up like a casserole and is excellent over rice. The chicken came out moist and the sauce was more like a tangy stuffing with all the crushed cracker. One addition made a big difference. Before I put the "casserole" in the oven I crushed half another packet of crackers over the top. At first I thought I made a mistake because these seemed to burn, but in the end it actually added a good crunch."
Cheddar Baked Chicken
Baked Crispy Potato Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.