Honey Curried Roasted Chicken and Vegetables158 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“Yummy roasted chicken and vegetables glazed in a honey and curry sauce. Quick and easy one-dish recipe.” - by KL1KX
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the chicken breast side down on a rack in a roasting pan, and roast 1 hour in the preheated oven.
- Place the potatoes and carrots in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 20 minutes, or until tender.
- In a saucepan, mix the honey, mustard, butter, onion, curry powder, salt, cayenne pepper, ginger, and garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Drain the drippings from the roasting pan. Arrange the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and apples around the chicken. Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the honey mixture. Continue roasting 20 minutes, or until the glaze has browned. The chicken meat should reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 625 cal
- 23.5 g
- 70.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (158)Rate This Recipe
"*Revised* Note: vegetables should be roasted at 400 degrees, not 350 (no preboiling - it saps flavor and prevents carmelization). Because of the different cooking temperatures, I roast the veggies and..." See more chicken separately. (If you only have 1 oven, preroast the veggies first, set them aside, and then cook the chicken. When chicken is done, let it rest under foil, increase the oven temp, and finish roasting veggies. That way, by the time the juices have settled back in the chicken, the veggies are hot and done.) I find that adding a little water to the glaze SIGNIFICANTLY improves the color and texture. Otherwise it will be too thick when cooked. Also, to avoid burning the glaze, pour over chicken 15 minutes before the timer ends instead of 20 min. You'll definitely want to make extra sauce to serve on the side."
"I adapted this for a crock pot - I just placed the veggies on bottom, then the chicken on top, and then I poured the sauce on top. It was great - soft and flavorful!..." See more"
"The taste of this dish is EXCELLENT, and we don't usually like curry! I was amazed! On the downside, the chicken took much longer to cook than the given time of 1hr 20 min. Our 3.5lb chicken took a..." See more bit over 2 hours, at 350! Next time around, I will add the veggies in at the same time as I start cooking the chicken, because they also took a much longer time to "brown" with the glaze (I had to broil for a few minutes). I would still add the glaze in at the last 20 min, to avoid burning. I will also SKIP parboiling the potatoes and carrots, as they never really carmelized by boiling and then roasting. But, the dish was still fantastic!"
Roasted Herb Chicken & Potatoes
Book Club Herb Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Just swipe to see more like this.