Pizza Crust II41 Reviews
“Tasty pizza crust! Dough may be frozen after being rolled out to use at a later date. Cover it with the toppings of your choice.” - by Susan
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 crusts
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1 1/2 cups warm water. Let stand 5 to 6 minutes, until mixture is foamy.
- In a large bowl, mix together half the flour, remaining water, garlic powder, salt, oregano, and margarine. Add yeast mixture, and stir to combine. Work in remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface, and knead for 10 minutes. Put dough in large plastic bag, and place in refrigerator. Let rise until tripled in bulk.
- For a round pizza, break off about 2 cups of the dough. Grease a 15 inch round pan, and sprinkle lightly with corn meal. Roll out the dough to fit the pan, stretching it to fit. Brush crust with olive oil, and sprinkle with cheese. Add desired toppings.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 18 to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 103 cal
- 1.7 g
- 18.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (41)Rate This Recipe
"This is the best and easiest recipe I've seen for pizza crust. Just remember to make sure you have flour before you start the yeast in water. If you have kids, you might want to cut down on the oregan..." See moreo."
"This recipe is perfect. The crust always turns out like the Pizza places back home in New York. I make this every time I want Pizza. Best of all you get enough dough for three sheet pans. It freezes g..." See morereat. Just be sure to coat with olive oil before proofing in the fridge. Otherwise it will stick to the back."
Jay's Signature Pizza Crust
The Best Pizza Crust
Just swipe to see more like this.