Polish Doughnuts4 Reviews
“A yeast doughnut coated with sugar.” - by Susan
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Smash up yeast in a medium bowl. Add water and 1 teaspoon sugar, and mix until pasty. Set aside. Let rise until spongy.
- Scald milk with margarine. Cool to lukewarm.
- Beat egg yolks. Add 3/4 cup sugar, and mix thoroughly. Add the cooled scalded milk mixture, and beat until foamy. Mix in yeast mixture. Add flour gradually, beating after each addition. Beat until thick and springy. Add flour only as needed to make a soft dough; too much will make hard doughnuts. Cover, and let rise until doubled.
- Shape dough into small balls. Let rise on floured waxed paper until doubled
- In a deep-fryer, heat shortening to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Fry until brown. Roll in sugar. Cool.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 218 cal
- 9.9 g
- 28 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"These took a long, long, long time to put together and I don't think that they were worth it. They were either burnt or gooey in the middle and the ones that did cook right were very tough...." See more"
"I did not cook these as stated in the recipe. I used this dough to make sausage rolls.(Kolachies) It worked wonderfull!!!!! After the dough rose the last time, I rolled it around either some sausage a..." See morend cheese or ham and swiss. allowed the dough to rise once more, and then baked till golden. Everyone loved them. I now have to keep quite when I am getting ready to make them, else the nieghbours all bring ingredients so I can make them some as well; and then I am making these things all day long. I will put all this together soon and post it so that anyone who wants to try it can."
Crispy and Creamy Doughnuts
Super Easy Doughnuts
Just swipe to see more like this.