Bread Pudding I45 Reviews
“This recipe includes directions for making lemon sauce, a perfect complement to a spicy bread pudding.” - by Linda
Original recipe yields 1 8x11 inch casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8x11 inch casserole with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, 1 cup sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix in raisins, if desired.
- In another bowl, blend milk, melted butter, and eggs. Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix together without turning bread mixture into mush. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Place casserole dish into a larger baking pan. Pour hot water into baking pan about 1/3 up the side of the casserole dish, creating a water bath. Bake for 45 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, 1 cup hot water, 2 tablespoons butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook on medium heat until bubbling and thickened. Stir constantly to avoid scorching. Serve with bread pudding.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 264 cal
- 10.8 g
- 38.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"The lemon sauce on this one is awesome! I loved it. The bread pudding itself was also great but the lemon sauce was the best. Definitely worth making again. ..." See more"
"Delicious! I added a bit of vanilla and it was superb! I will definately keep this recipe and share the joy!!..." See more"
Butterscotch Bread Pudding
Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding
Just swipe to see more like this.