Spectacular Marsala Glazed Carrots with Hazelnuts43 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“This incredible carrot dish is like no other you've ever tasted! Elegant for any holiday or special occasion, yet easy enough for any day of the week. Please DO NOT omit the Marsala wine as it makes this dish taste spectacular.” - by Barbara M.
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Spread chopped hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring once or twice, and watching very carefully as they will burn very easily. Remove from the oven when browned and fragrant.
- Cut baby carrots in half cross-wise. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, carrots, salt, and 1 tablespoon of butter. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Cover, and simmer very lightly for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender but firm. Drain and set aside.
- Return pan to the stove over medium heat, and melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Cook shallots in the melted butter, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Add Marsala and sugar, and stir continually until sugar is completely dissolved. Continue simmering until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Once thickened, toss carrots and hazelnuts with the sauce until well coated. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 257 cal
- 12.7 g
- 30.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (43)Rate This Recipe
"I really liked the concept behind this recipe, but the flavor just wasn't there. These carrots were way too sweet, and the glaze would have covered at least 2 pounds of carrots. I would have to twea..." See morek this recipe to make it something I would cook again because of the sweetness."
Christie in Japan
"A friend made this as a side dish for our pot luck Christmas dinner ... YUM! She used pecans instead of hazelnuts and thinly sliced onion. Definitely a keeper...." See more"
"Yum! Cooked carrots never tasted so good. I doubled the recipe but used less butter than called for. I cooked the sauce for a good 20 minutes to try and thicken but it didn't seem to...? Didn't ma..." See moretter though, 100% delicious flavor. My mother didn't even want to try but I insisted... she asked for the recipe and said she doesn't like carrots but really liked these and knows she should eat them! I will keep this recipe for sure. Thanks!"
Cinnamon and Orange Glazed Carrots
Brandy Glazed Carrots
Just swipe to see more like this.