Sausage Bread9 Reviews
“This is rich filling bread stuffed full of pepperoni and sausage. It's good as meal with a green salad on the side.” - by Linda
Original recipe yields 2 loaves
- Prepare roll mix according to package directions, letting rise only once, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet brown the pork sausage and pepperoni and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked sausage mixture, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, 2 beaten eggs, parsley flakes, garlic powder, MSG powder, onion flakes, and oregano. Stir until well combined.
- Divide the risen dough in two. On a floured board roll out one half to a rectangle about 1 inch thick. Spread 1/2 of the filling over the rectangle. Starting at the wide end roll two times then fold in the sides. Continue rolling until the end, making sure the seal is on top. Repeat with remaining half.
- Place rolls on the prepared baking sheet. Brush generously with beaten egg. Use toothpicks to help hold the seam shut. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 417 cal
- 31.5 g
- 14.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I used frozen dough loaves, let them rise, them rolled them out and stuffed with sausage and cheese. My guests could not get enough of these!!! I did a few varitaions, some with just cheese, some with..." See more combinations of ham, salami, pepperoni, bacon and all with cheese. I would make this for EVERY party!"
"This recipe was great! Everyone loved it! I ended up using 2 loaves of bread instead of only one, so it made a lot more than I thought it would! ..." See more"
"This is very similar to a recipe I have used from time to time. I have also substituted Rhode's frozen bread dough and have put in different toppings also to change it around a bit, from taco meat and..." See more cheddar cheese, onions and olives. Also, spaghetti sauce (very sparingly) with ground beef and mozzarella cheese!"
Papa Felico's Garlic Sausage Bread
Italian Bread I
Just swipe to see more like this.