Sticky Buns II66 Reviews
“This delicious recipe is quick and easy when you are pressed for time. I bet you can't eat just one of them!!” - by Susan
Original recipe yields 1 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the 1/4 cup of the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the middle and pour in the milk. Mix until blended.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times. Roll dough out into a rectangle 12 inches long and 1 inch thick, trim off any uneven edges.
- Cream the 1/3 cup butter and the brown sugar, stir in the raisins and ground cinnamon. Drop small amounts into the greased muffin pan. Spread the remainder over evenly over the dough.
- Starting at the short end roll the dough up (jelly roll style) and cut into 12 pieces. Place 1 each in the muffin pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Let sit in pans for 10 minutes then invert to remove. Glaze with a milk a confectioners' sugar mixture, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 256 cal
- 9.4 g
- 41.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (66)Rate This Recipe
"A delicious roll that is sticky only before it bakes. To deal with the dough, I rolled it around in some flour (just a tablespoon full). Then I manipulated it with a floured spatula as I went along, r..." See moreolling it up. When it separated or thinned, I patched it up with my floured fingers. Next, I used dental floss to cut the jelly roll. It cut easily and I scooped up the slices with the floured spatula. Instead of using a muffin tin, I created about 7 rolls that I laid flat on a buttered cookie sheet. I cooked them at 345 for 24 mintues. Next I combined powdered sugar, a bit of orange juice and a tad of corn starch for the icing. The corn starch keeps the icing from being too sticky and it hardens on the rolls like you see in the stores. All and all, a high-maintenance, good recipe that skips the yeast! Yeah! Yummy stuff."
"It took me a lot longer than 30 minutes to prepare this recipe. I found that all the slices of dough wouldn't fit into two pans and I had to prepare a third one. I thought the baking time was a bit ..." See moretoo long too because the topping got hard instead of sticky. Nevertheless, the buns were very good."
Quick Sticky Buns
Bubbling Bread Sticky Buns
Just swipe to see more like this.