Morning Glory Muffins I594 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“This muffin has a little bit of everything - carrots, raisins, apple butter, wheat germ, nuts. A perfect start for your day!” - by JACLYN
Original recipe yields 18 muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly oil 18 muffin cups, or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, apple butter, oil and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, stir together flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in carrots, apples and raisins. Stir in apple butter mixture until just moistened. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts and wheat germ; sprinkle over the muffin tops.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and spring back when lightly pressed.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 194 cal
- 4.2 g
- 37.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (594)Rate This Recipe
"Modified for our own taste by using 1c flour, 1c whole wheat flour, 1c apple sauce (instead of ½ apple butter), and added ½c unsweetened coconut. I also made two batches, one with 1c sugar and one wi..." See moreth 1c Spenda as we wanted to see if there was a measurable difference in taste. Both batches were really marvelous! Splenda seems to really do well as a sugar substitute when baking. Took them to work thinking I would freeze any leftovers but couldn’t because there weren’t any. A huge hit in the office although next time I will NOT use muffin liners. Thanks for the delicious, low-fat, Weight Watcher friendly recipe!"
"These are fantastic! Instead of grating the carrots and chopping the apple, I just ran it all through the food processor real quick. And I used unsweetened applesauce instead of apple butter--much c..." See moreheaper and also better for you. Instead of making the topping of chopped nuts and wheat germ, I just added about 1/2 cup chopped nuts to the mix. I also used baking papers instead of greasing the tins. They turned out soooo good! I will make these over and over again, for sure!"
"This recipe is the best! I used 1c honey instead of the sugar, and used equal parts whole wheat flour and whole wheat pastry flour instead of the suggested amounts of flour. I also used an egg subst..." See moreitute instead of eggs and soymilk to make the whole thing vegan - it still tasted superb!!!"
Banana Muffins II
Banana Nut Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.