Herman Biscuits13 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“This is a great biscuit recipe for using Herman sourdough starter.” - by Sue
Original recipe yields 1 dozen
- Bring Herman Starter to room temperature.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir flour mixture and oil into Herman Starter. It will form a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface knead dough until smooth. Pinch off small pieces of dough and shape into balls OR roll dough out and cut with a biscuit cutter. Place biscuits onto a greased baking sheet, cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in biscuits in the preheat oven for about 30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 79 cal
- 4.7 g
- 8.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"This made a lovely soft, light and fluffy dough. Really east to work and handle, I think I could user it in lots of diferent ways, I used Fliimsy's idea for cinnamon rolls this time. There was a lit..." See moretle bit of a bitter taste from the baking soda (so not 5*) so I'm going to reduce the amount next time and hope I will still get good results. Thanks for the recipe."
"Not only does this make good biscuits, it also makes great Cinnamon Buns. Roll out the dough and sprinkle with cinnamon and both white and brown sugars. Roll up and slice. Delicious!..." See more"
Baking Powder Biscuits II
Just swipe to see more like this.