Herman Cinnamon Rolls13 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Another recipe for the Herman Sweet Sourdough Starter in case you're having trouble giving it away! Try finishing these rolls with your favorite glaze!” - by Debbie
Original recipe yields 15 to 20 cinnamon rolls
- In a large bowl combine Herman Sweet Sourdough Starter, flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and eggs until well blended.
- Knead dough in bowl for 5 to 7 minutes, or until mixture is smooth.
- Let rise in warm place until doubled. Punch down. On a lightly floured surface, press dough into a 10 x 20 inch rectangle. Combine melted margarine, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Spread mixture over dough. Sprinkle with walnuts or raisins, if desired.
- Starting on long side, roll up dough, jellyroll fashion. Press ends together to make a seam. Cut in 1-inch slices and place in an ungreased, 11x14 inch cake pan. Allow rolls rise to double their size.
- Bake in a preheated 325 F oven (165 degree C) for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 218 cal
- 7.5 g
- 34.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"These are wonderful! A friend had passed on some starter for Amish Friendship bread, but I didn't feel like making the bread. I am glad I chose this recipe instead. I topped it with cream cheese icing..." See more and opted out of adding the nuts and raisins. I am having one now for a snack and I think it is the best cinnamon roll I have ever had. Thank you."
"These were quite yummy! I used my own starter. I also didn't use the raisins, and added a bit of lemon zest to the filling. They were tangy, but didn't quite have the 'sour' that I would have liked..." See more. Someday I'll get this sourdough thing right... =)"
Cinnamon Rolls II
Overnight Cinnamon Rolls I
Just swipe to see more like this.