Schlotsky's Bread58 Reviews
“The dough will look resemble a batter, almost pourable. Take care not to add too much flour. If using all-purpose flour, use a little less as it is heavier than bread flour. Great to eat hot from the oven with butter.” - by Dee
Original recipe yields 2 medium loaves
- In a small bowl stir together the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Stir to dissolve and set aside.
- In a large bowl dissolve baking soda with the 1 1/2 teaspoons warm water. Add the warm milk, salt, and one cup of the flour. Beat with a wire whisk until smooth. Beat in yeast mixture and remaining flour. Batter should be thick, sticky, and smooth.
- Prepare 2 pie pans with non-stick spray. Dust pans with cornmeal. Place 1/2 dough in each pie pan. Batter will spread during rising time. Spray top of dough with non-stick cooking spray. Cover and let rise for one hour.
- Repeat spraying of bread with non-stick cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for an hour before slicing.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 122 cal
- 0.8 g
- 23.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (58)Rate This Recipe
"Sooooo close it hurts! Anyway...it does need a little seasoning. Maybe just some more salt would do the trick. I think adding sliced black olives with cheddar and broiling it to melt over the olive..." See mores gets a lot more of the Schlotskys bread flavor since that's what they do. It was very good though and satisfied my craving since we don't have one near us anymore. Anyway great recipe!"
"Great bread. I think the baking soda must give it the perfect texture. My husband loves it and eats a whole loaf by himself. To add variation I use brown sugar, and add 1 tsp of salt, minced garlic..." See more, and italian seasonings to the batter. You can also let it rise in the bowl and roll it out for a pizza crust."
"Our whole family loved this bread. It isn't quite Schlotsky's bread but darn close. I've made this twice. This last time I used half of what the recipe called for in wheat flour, and the rest in the r..." See moreegular bread flour, just trying to get my family to enjoy a bit of fiber in their diet. I think that either way it is a great way to make a sandwich."
Buttermilk Bread II
Crusty White Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.