Baked Spaghetti Squash with Beef and Veggies215 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“Baked spaghetti squash, peppers, and onions are mixed with beef and cheese in this delicious casserole.” - by ROBYN050501
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place squash on a baking sheet, and bake 40 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, cool, and shred pulp with a fork.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a casserole dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until evenly brown. Drain, and mix in the green pepper, red pepper, red onion, and garlic. Continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Mix the shredded squash and tomatoes into the skillet, and season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Remove skillet from heat, and mix in 2 cups cheese until melted. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and continue baking 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 399 cal
- 26.4 g
- 12.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (215)Rate This Recipe
"Fantastic! I did not change a thing and this recipe was perfect. I cut the squash in half lengthwise, scooped out the seeds, then microwaved cut side down in 1/4 inch of water in a casserole dish fo..." See morer 13 minutes. It turned out just right in less than half the time."
"This is really tasty. I did have to change a few things because of my diet. Used Ground Turkey, Cabot 50% light cheddar cheese from Sam's (melts good), and I cut the squash in half, covered with plast..." See moreic wrap and baked 10 min in microwave. (faster than oven) "
"This recipe is awesome!! My brother in law loved it and he doesn't eat veggies. I doubled the meat because that's what my husband likes, the extra lb was hot italian sausage. I used italian seasoni..." See moreng instead of the individual ones , ended up using 1 1/2 cans of tomatoes because of the added meat and doubled the cheese. YUM!!! I can't wait for a party so I can suprise everyone with this dish! Original recipe would have been perfect too, just changed it for my family's tastes. Thanks!!"
Spaghetti Squash I
Southwestern Spaghetti Squash
Just swipe to see more like this.