Pasta and Fresh Cilantro Crunchy Stuff2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This is such a tasty recipe! If you're looking for something different, here it is! I get compliments on this all the time. There's some work involved but it's so worth it.” - by Teagan
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a blender or food processor, puree the cilantro, basil, and 3 cloves of garlic until minced very fine. Thoroughly combine the herb mixture in a large bowl with the Parmesan, and 1/4 cup of olive oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Pack the mixture firmly, about 1 inch thick, into a medium-sized, glass baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top is lightly browned and crispy, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well, and return to the oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven, break apart with a spoon, and allow to cool.
- While the crunchy stuff is baking, heat olive oil in a large pan over low heat. Lightly brown 2 tablespoons of garlic, stir in the mushrooms, and cook until softened. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, and Alfredo sauce; cook to warm.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. To serve, toss pasta in sauce, and sprinkle with crunchy stuff!
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 733 cal
- 45.4 g
- 53.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe tasted great! The only problem I had was with getting the "crunchy" stuff to be crunchy...I baked it in a glass baking dish first and then moved it into a bigger shallower dish and spread..." See more it out and baked it a bit more until it looked more golden in color. After it cooled a bit I broke it into smaller pieces to cool a little more...any suggestions would be great!"
Sausage and Bow-Tie Pasta Florentine
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells
Just swipe to see more like this.