Orange Roasted Salmon35 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“I like to make this for company since you can get it ready ahead of time up until the final baking step. It looks both pretty and impressive, and the orange flavor is more subtle than you'd expect. This is a healthy and elegant meal (not to mention delicious) when served with a leafy salad, brown rice, and asparagus.” - by KBURIE
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small bowl or cup, stir together the lemon pepper, garlic powder, and dried parsley. Place the slices from one of the oranges in a single layer in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place a layer of onion slices over the orange. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, and sprinkle with half of the herb mixture.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven, and roast for about 25 minutes, or until the onions are browned and tender. Remove the dish from the oven, and increase the temperature to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Push the onion and orange slices to the outer edge of the baking dish, and place the salmon fillets in the center. Season with the remaining half of the herb mixture. Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice and honey in a small bowl. Pour evenly over the salmon.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the salmon is opaque in the center. Remove fillets to a serving dish, and discard the roasted orange. Garnish fillets with roasted onions and fresh orange slices.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 345 cal
- 14.9 g
- 17.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (35)Rate This Recipe
"I really enjoyed this recipe. It's a different taste for salmon, sweet and citrus. I would recommend trying this, my family really enjoyed it...." See more"
"Good! Needs a little tweaking though... It seems like it was missing something, like it needed more lemon, some garlic or some salt... I made this by following the directions step by step, but I..." See more think that the next time I make this, I will try adding the second half of the spices to the orange juice mixture instead of sprinkling it over the salmon, adding more lemon juice, lemon pepper and some fresh garlic."
Orange Salmon with Creole Seasoning
Curried Salmon Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.