Nutty Pina Colada Biscotti17 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 46 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 1 min
“A refreshing biscotti reminiscent of the tropical drink. Great with tea or coffee! I never really measure the ingredients after rum but I've tried to approximate for you... My friends LOVE this recipe!” - by MCBARTKO
Original recipe yields 3 1/2 dozen
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 1/3 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Stir in the rum, pineapple juice and coconut extract until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the batter. Stir in the pistachio nuts, pineapple and coconut until evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts. Form each piece of dough into a 12 inch long log shape on a lightly floured surface. Place two logs onto each cookie sheet, and pat down until they are about 3 inches wide. There should be at least 2 inches of space between each log.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm but not crisp. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the biscotti bars on a cutting board, and use a serrated knife to cut into 3/4 inch wide diagonal slices. Return the slices to the baking sheets cut side down. Return to the oven. Bake for 8 minutes, then turn the cookies over, and bake for an additional 8 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving (42 total)
- 145 cal
- 6.5 g
- 19.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"I made these for a luau themed party at work. I almost didn't take them b/c I was afraid too many people wouldn't like the pineapple or coconut but then figured oh well I made them so take them and I ..." See morethought they were good. Of all the items I've made from this site over the years, this one got more positive results than any other. I had so many requests for the recipe and the men loved it!!! One told me to go into business and sell these cookies. Even my kids loved the crumbs that were left over so I guess I'll be making them again. Not a difficult recipe and so worth the time. "
"I made these yesterday, with a few changes. Brandy for rum, lime juice for pineapple, vanilla for coconut extract, walnuts for pistachios, and 1 c. coconut instead of dried pineapple. I know that chan..." See moreges a lot about the recipe. But the basic ingredient measurements and baking times were dead on, so 5 stars."
Cinnamon Hazelnut Biscotti
Orange Almond Biscotti I
Just swipe to see more like this.