Raspberry Lemonade Biscotti18 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“I bake biscotti all of the time, and I'm always trying to come up with new flavors. This is one I came up with to try and use raspberries before they went bad. My husband loves these!” - by MCBARTKO
Original recipe yields 3 1/2 dozen
- Place the raspberries and 2 tablespoons of sugar into a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by about 1/3. Remove from heat, and strain through a sieve to remove the seeds. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 1/3 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Stir in the raspberry sauce and lemon zest until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the batter. Cover and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts. Form each piece of dough into a 12 inch long log shape on a lightly floured surface. Place two logs onto each cookie sheet, and pat down until they are about 3 inches wide. There should be at least 2 inches of space between each log.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm but not crisp. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the biscotti bars on a cutting board, and use a serrated knife to cut into 3/4 inch wide slices. Return the slices to the baking sheets cut side down.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then turn the cookies over, and bake for an additional 8 minutes, or until lightly toasted on each side. Cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving (42 total)
- 118 cal
- 4.9 g
- 16.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"These were great! I read the other reviews, and I cut down on the eggs and only used two, and added 1/4 cup raspberry jam. Turned out perfectly. Thanks, mcbartko...." See more"
"- needed more raspberry flavor, so I - used 1/2 c. seedless raspberry jam & 1-2 Tbsp. rasp. flavoring - used 4-5 tsp. lemon zest (from 2 lemons) - made 2 big loaves on 12 x 18 pan - good flavor, soft..." See more & dense, not dry & crunchy Dec. 2010"
Cinnamon Hazelnut Biscotti
Orange Almond Biscotti I
Just swipe to see more like this.