Puffed-Up Zucchini13 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A recipe that has been in my family for years. It's bound to make your meal a success!” - by GOOGLYEYEBALLS
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place the zucchini and onion in a pot with the water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes, until tender. Drain, cool, and mash. Mix in 2 tablespoons butter, horseradish, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 1 quart baking dish.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and stir in the cracker crumbs until golden brown.
- Mix the egg into the mashed zucchini mixture. Scoop the into the prepared baking dish, and top with the cracker crumbs mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until topping is crisp.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 163 cal
- 11.4 g
- 13.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"Unfortunately this wasn't edible. I followed the recipe very closely except for the fact that I reduced the amount of onion as 1 cup seemed excessive for this small dish. I served this to seven family..." See more members, 6 of which like zucchini. Nobody took more than 1 bite and the rest ended up dumped. Luckily it wasn't a very expensive dish to make and I had all of the ingredients on hand. The consistancy was unflattering and the onion (even reduced) was so overpowering my family thought it was an "Onion Casserole". Usually I try each recipe more than once if I think it has potential but for my family this is a no-go."
"Good Recipe. I modified it a bit by adding tyme, garlic salt and white pepper. I did not smash the veggies, I kept them chopped and it was tasty. It complimented my chicken stuffed with fresh spina..." See morech and gouda cheese. Thanks!"
Just swipe to see more like this.