Spicy Fisherman's Pie52 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“A hearty meal in one casserole with cod fillets and vegetables in a creamy sauce, topped with mashed potatoes and cheese.” - by STRIPELAND
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place potatoes into a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and mash with milk and butter until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry onion and carrots in the oil until starting to soften. Season with salt, pepper and chili powder. Stir in the cream and parsley, and remove from the heat.
- Place fish in an even layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour the cream and vegetable mixture over the fish, then cover with a layer of mashed potatoes. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until piping hot throughout.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 580 cal
- 34.2 g
- 44.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (52)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is awesome! I'm not much of a fish fan; I used cod and talapia. I also used cayenne pepper (1/4 to 1/2 t) which really spiced it up! I found out at the last minute that I didn't have an..." See morey cream, so I mixed in a can of cream of celery soup after browning the onions, and it was just awesome! We will make this recipe again and again!"
"to make this dish low carb friendly, simply substitute brown rice for the potatoes. YOu can also substitute shrimp for the fish if you'd like, or use both!..." See more"
"This pie is excellent, I have made so many times. A friend who came for lunch loved it and then told me he didn't like fish. I sprinkle some of the cheese on before I put the potatoes on, I also don..." See more't use as much cheese as called for. Thank you soooo much for this recipe"
Chef John's Fisherman's Pie
Beef Potato House Pie Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.