Spinach Rice78 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Even if you don't like spinach, you will love this creamy rice dish. Add more or less jalapeno peppers to your liking.” - by eli3leg
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the soup, milk, jalapeno peppers, salt, and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat, and cook the onion until tender. Mix in the cooked rice and spinach. Pour the soup mixture into the skillet, and continue cooking until heated through. Mix in the cubed processed cheese, and transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 207 cal
- 12.1 g
- 17.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (78)Rate This Recipe
"This was absolutely scumptious!!! I made a couple of changes, however. I used brown rice and used more rice than the recipe called for. I did not use jalepenos because I didn't have any. I added some ..." See moregarlic as another reviewer suggested, and also 1/4 tsp white pepper for a little kick. I also added about half a cup of jullienned carrots, which I sauteed with the onions. They were delicious! I topped it with bread crumbs, too. And I actually omitted the cheese entirely, but the good news is I didn't miss it AT ALL - if you're trying to cut back on calories, don't be afraid to leave out the cheese! It's the kind of recipe you can really play with to suit your tastes - wonderful, I will be making it again and again!"
"This was wonderful! I followed the recipe exactly only substituting real shredded cheddar for the processed cheese. I also covered the top in shredded cheese. Wow! we loved it. I am sure this dish cou..." See moreld also be made without the hot peppers and still be delicious for those who don't like their food with a kick. Thanks for this delicious recipe!"
Chile Rice Casserole
Spinach and Rice (Spanakorizo)
Just swipe to see more like this.