Chicken with Red Pepper Cream Sauce12 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“I've been making this for my family for years and they love it! You can substitute cream or half and half for the evaporated milk and reduce the sour cream if you want a richer recipe. I always serve this over pasta.” - by SOAPYGIRL
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, mushrooms, and garlic until onions are tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in the skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken and turkey bacon until chicken juices run clear and bacon is browned and crisp. Return the onion mixture to the skillet, mix in the peas, and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, while preparing the red pepper and sour cream sauce.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the roasted red peppers and oil until heated through.
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream and evaporated milk. Heat in the microwave on High for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the red peppers and the sour cream mixture until smooth. Pour over the chicken mixture in the skillet.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 639 cal
- 31.1 g
- 27.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"I left out the peas because... well I don't like peas! Very tasty recipe, but I found it difficult to get the bacon to crisp in the same pan as the chicken and had to remove it and fry it in a separa..." See morete pan."
"Pretty good, but mine came out super greasy...and that was after using peppers packed in water instead of oil! Next time I'd cook the bacon separate from the chicken so that it could crisp better, cu..." See moret the olive oil down to about 2 t (using 1 t for the onions & garlic, 1 t in with the peppers), and add in some extra garlic and red pepper flakes to give it a boost. I'd also go with rotini or ridged penne instead of plain fettuccine, so that the sauce would stick better to the noodles - mine slid right off. Tasty overall, but a few minor tweaks made it even better."
Chicken and Bowtie Pasta with Asiago Cream Sauce
Chicken and Pasta in a Mango Cream Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.