Cocoa Apple Cake27 Reviews
“This recipe is very moist and rich. I have also made it in loaf pans, and given it away for holidays.” - by v monte
Original recipe yields 1 bundt cake
- Cream together until fluffy the eggs, sugar, butter or margarine, and water.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and spices.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips, apple, and vanilla extract. Stir until these ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Spoon into greased, floured 10 inch bundt or loose bottom tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 60 to 70 minutes until cake tests done.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 418 cal
- 19.1 g
- 59.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (27)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious, easy and very moist (because of the apples). Has no oil either like many of these kinds of recipes (the apples replace it) so you don't get the added fat and calories. To help clarify...2 c..." See moreups of apples is about 3-4 apples depending on size. I dusted mine with confectioners sugar for a nice presentation."
"First off, I changed a few things about this recipe which may be why I didn't think it was a 5-star recipe...I am a self proclaimed recipe changer..drives my hubby crazy! I chopped the apples instead..." See more of shredding and I used 3 cups total. I substituted homemade applesauce for the butter to make it healthier and because I had a lot! I also used 4 tablespoons cocoa powder. I really enjoyed it, my hubby did not like the apple-chocolate combo. Very moist even without the butter. Maybe next time I will shred the apples and see if it changes the result any. I will try this recipe again!"
Apple Spice Cake
Apple Cinnamon Spice Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.