Best Cheesecake on Earth60 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 2 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 10 min
“A great cheesecake made with ricotta cheese AND cream cheese!” - by D. Scaffidi
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch round cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C.) Wrap the outside bottom of a 10 inch springform pan with foil to prevent water seeping in while baking.
- Cream together ricotta cheese, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the eggs one at a time. Add flour one tablespoon at a time, mixing well. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Pour mixture into a 10 inch springform pan.
- Place cheesecake in a large rectangular pan filled with 2 inches of hot water. Carefully put into preheated oven without spilling water. Bake for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes turn oven off, but leave the cake in the oven for another 60 minutes (do not open door).
- Cool on counter for 60 minutes and then refrigerate. Serve when thoroughly chilled.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 367 cal
- 24.2 g
- 24.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (60)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is an excellent base recipe for cheesecake. It is a little "gritty/grainy" because of the ricotta cheese; however, it is not as "gritty" as a traditional ricotta cheesecake due to the crea..." See morem cheese and sour cream. I added a 1/2 cup of sugar, 1T of vanilla and some crystallized ginger. Therefore, it was not even slightly bland. This cake is great to experiment with, and since I like to play with my food I will continue to experiment. Overall, the cake was great. Light, sweet, and flavorful...a definite keeper."
"This was another one of the 3 cheesecakes I made for taste-testing. It rated 3rd due to the grainy texture and lack of taste. It did, however, bake up beautifully, no cracks, didn't sink, had a love..." See morely appearance."
"Although this is a very easy cheesecake to make and comes out very creamy, it doesn't have much flavor. A 1/2 tsp of vanilla does little. Try adding more vanilla, or adding additional extracts like ..." See morealmond or orange. Maybe even a little liquer. If not, the taste will be flat."
Best No-Bake Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.