Fabulous Fudge Chocolate Cake166 Reviews
“This is my favorite chocolate cake recipe because of the moist texture and rich, dark chocolate flavor. Enjoy!” - by Charmaine Brooks
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 1nch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 2 1/2 cups brown sugar until well mixed. Add eggs one at a time. Beat in the vanilla and melted chocolate squares. Add 1/2 the sour cream and then 1/2 the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until well blended.
- Add the remaining sour cream and dry ingredients to the batter. Stir in boiling water.
- Bake in a greased 9 X 13 inch pan for 35 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before icing.
- To Make Caramel Icing: First melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan. Stir in 1 cup brown sugar and boil about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup milk and bring to a boil. Place pan in cold water and stir in the confectioners' sugar. Continue stirring until smooth. Spread over still warm cake.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 315 cal
- 12.3 g
- 50.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (166)Rate This Recipe
"I've made quite a few chocolate cakes from scratch and this rates up there as one of the best(flourless chocolate cake is the best-I am a HUGE chocolate lover!) I took others advice and used more unsw..." See moreeetened chocolate-more like 6 ounces(I used Ghirardelli-spend a little extra on a better quality chocolate-it makes a difference) and I only used 2 cups brown sugar- and also I used 1/2 cup sourcream and a 1/2 cup heavy cream instead of one full cup of sourcream. I baked in two 9inch pans for 43 minutes. I used buttercream fudge frosting from this site and it was soo yummy. Always make chocolate cake a day or two in advance because chocolate cake taste better with age-the great chocolate flavors come out."
"I own my own bakery and I am always looking for a great chocolate cake recipe. I made this cake just to try it out to see if it was something that I would use for my customers in the bakery. The cak..." See moree was too bitter, too dense and I found that it didn't have a good taste. The taste testers (my employees) have tasted good and bad cake and we were all in agreement that while it wasn't the worst cake, it wasn't good either. Sorry...I will try again, but I am not holding out hope."
"This cake was excellent. I used triple the amount of chocolate, as recommended. I didn't have unsweetened chocolate, so I reduced the amount of sugar. I also used coffee instead of the boiling wate..." See morer which added a nice taste. I split the recipe in half and made one 9" cake and had enough batter left over to make 6 cupcakes. The cake was very fudgey and yet was not too heavy. It was also very moist. I served it with white chocolate mousse and strawberries and everyone loved it. I would definetly recommend this recipe."
Chocolate Pudding Fudge Cake
Buttermilk Chocolate Cake with Fudge Icing
Just swipe to see more like this.