Pumpkin Pie Cake I45 Reviews
“This is a good winter holiday cake. Great when topped with whipped cream or nondairy whipped topping.” - by Rosie De Coito
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Mix until smooth and pour into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture, then sprinkle chopped nuts and pat down gently. Melt butter or margarine and drizzle over cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 45 to 60 minutes. (Be sure to check the cake after 45 minutes because oven temperatures vary.)
- After cake cools, turn it upside down so the top of the cake will be the crust. Remove the parchment paper. Top with dessert topping (optional) before serving.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 268 cal
- 15.3 g
- 30.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"I found this recipe several years ago and from the very first time I made it - everyone that has tasted it has been hooked. I love it because it's so each to make (no pie crust to mess with). It has..." See more replaced regular pumpkin pie at our family Thanksgiving dinners since I introduced it. (For easier storage - I don't use paper on the bottom, just a little oil. Also - I don't turn it upside down so the crust is on the bottom - I cut it and turn each piece as it goes on the plate, that way the "crust" part stays crispy instead of soggy.)"
"I have made this 3 times and each time it has come out perfect. I used Splenda instead of sugar, low fat condensed milk, and egg substitute. I have used a spice cake, caramel cake and yellow cake. ..." See moreI have tried just 1/2 the cake mix and used the other half for muffins because the first time I used all of it some of the mix was still powdery. You have to make sure most of the mix gets wet. Each time I made it everyone loved it. I am going to take it for our TG feast along with traditional pumpkin pie but I prefer this pie cake. Thanks for the great recipe!"
Pumpkin Crumb Cake
Pumpkin Upside Down Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.