Plum Bread8 Reviews
“This is called a bread, but tastes more like a cake. I make this mostly during the holidays. The spices in this cake just lend themselves to eggnog and Christmas smells. Recipe will make: 4 small loaves, or 2 medium loaves, or 1 large loaf, or 1 bundt cake.” - by v monte
Original recipe yields 1 bundt cake
- In a large bowl, mix together vegetable oil, white sugar, eggs, baby food, and food coloring.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and nuts.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- Place in greased and floured bundt pan, (you can also use cooking spray).
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50-60 minutes or until it tests done.
- Remove from oven to cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove and place on cooling rack.
- While cooling, combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice.
- Brush over top while cake is still hot.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 510 cal
- 26.2 g
- 66.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"Oh so delicious. I definitely recommend very ripe plums instead of the babyfood. i used about 1 1/4 cups plum puree. this recipe is also delicious for muffins. mmmmmmmmmm..." See more"
"I changed it a little. I put one and 1/2 cups of plum preserve I made with red plums, and instead of walnuts I chopped up the red plums and mixed them inside the batter. (I also nixed the red food c..." See moreoloring). After pouring the batter I spooned several t spoons of the plum preserve on top and swirled in a design. I nixed the sugar topping because it was sweet with the preserve and a bit tart as well. I scooped vanilla ice cream on top and it was done. YUM!"
My Mother-in-Law's Plum Bread
Spiced Plum Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.